Cancellations and Refunds
Bridal Association cancellation policy
The following policy may seem a bit over the top; however it is intended to protect our members from fraud. In the past we have had a competitor of one of our members try to cancel a member’s membership. Due to this we have put in place this safeguard for the protection of our members.
Membership in the Bridal Association starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions below. There are amendments to this policy. Some contracts (Bridal Shows, Wedding Book advertising, and others as stipulated in each contract) will extend your contract by as much as 12 to 16 months from the date of signature. This amendment is in place of paying full price on bridal shows or on contracted services due to item promoting the member base.
Common misunderstandings – these will not cancel your membership
- Membership does not automatically cancel after 1 year
- Just not paying your dues will not cancel your membership and could amount to several hundred dollars in past dues and late fees and could eventually result in legal fees.
- Calling the office to cancel your membership then telling me I talked to some girl and she said it was ok.
- Sending an email or replying to an email.
- Posting or messaging on Facebook
- Sending a text. We use a texting software to message all of our members and most likely not see your reply
Please follow the directions below.
Canceling your membership with the Bridal Association can be done in 1 of 2 ways
- You can make an appointment with Kyle Brown and submit your cancellation in person. Kyle is available most days Monday ~ Friday 10am to 5pm
- You can send a certified (certified is so you have proof of receipt) letter of cancellation and include the following information:
- Your Name:
- Company Name:
- Phone #:
- E-Mail Address:
- User Name:
- Reason for cancellation
Please Mail to
Kern County Bridal Association
Membership Dept: 2
7850 White Lane
Bakersfield, Ca 93309-7698
all cancellations take effect 30 days from date of receipt of letter
There is no refund on Membership dues, deposits paid on bridal shows or any money paid to the association.
All memberships are Year to Year
Even when paying monthly
Membership Term: Membership is perpetual unless revoked or terminated. All Bridal Association memberships are yearly memberships and will renew on your anniversary month automatically. If in the event you change your membership from pay monthly to pay yearly your anniversary date will change to the month of payment. A written cancellation must be submitted no less than 30 days in advance of your anniversary month per our cancellation policy.